Candy Cane Mousse | Makes: 4 Jars
1 ½ cups organic heavy whipping cream
16 g. (1 tsp.) organic sugar
1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
250 g. (1 1/3 cup) organic white chocolate, chopped
1 tsp. organic peppermint flavour
2 tsp. ColorKitchen Yellow Dye
1 ½ tsp. ColorKitchen Pink Dye
organic candy canes, crushed (find here)
3 piping bags
decorating tip #846
1. In a double boiler/ban marie, melt the white chocolate. Once completely melted, slowly add ¼ cup of the cream and stir to combine completely.
2. Remove from heat place in the fridge until completely cool. This should take about 2 hours.
3. Divide the ganache into two separate bowls. They should weigh about 85 g. each.
4. In one of the bowls, add the yellow dye, pink dye and peppermint flavour and stir to combine completely.
5. In a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment (or you can use a hand mixer), add the remaining cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk on low and gradually turn up the speed as soon as it doesn’t splatter anymore. Turn the speed up to high and whisk until the whipped cream has formed a stiff peak.
6. Divide the whipped cream into the two bowls of ganache - you will have about 57 g. in each bowl. Fold in the whipped cream until completely combined.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and put back in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or ideally overnight.
8. Put both the white chocolate and pink peppermint mousse in a piping bag and cut a small hole in each.
9. Then place them both in another piping bag with decorating tip #846.
10. Pipe into shallow bowls or shot glasses and serve immediately.
11. Top with crushed candy canes.
Recipe by Dessert'D Organic Bake Shop