Makes: 3 Dozen Cookies
227 g. organic butter, softened
142 g. organic powdered sugar, sifted
2 tsp. organic almond extract
255 g. organic flour
3 packets ColorKitchen Foods Rainbow Sprinkles
340 g. (12 oz.) organic white chocolate, chopped
ColorKitchen Foods Pink, Yellow, Blue Food Dyes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 175 degrees C.
2. In a shallow bowl, add the sprinkles. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, add the butter, powdered sugar and almond extract. Mix on low until all ingredients are combined.
4. Add the flour and mix until combined.
5. On a baking sheet fitted with parchment paper, make egg shaped cookies. This is really simple - just make a ball and then squeeze each side a little to create a point. Each dough ball should be about 1.5” in diameter.
6. Dip each egg shaped dough ball into the sprinkles, and space them at least 1” apart on the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 13 minutes.
8. Allow cookies to cool.
9. In a double boiler/bain-marie, add the white chocolate and melt until three-quarters melted. Remove from heat and stir vigorously until completely melted.
10. Separate the white chocolate into four bowls.
11. Sprinkle a little bit of pink dye into one bowl, yellow in another, blue and yellow to create green in another and pink and blue to create purple. Use equal parts of each when combining the colours. You only need a tiny pinch to make pastel colours, so be careful not to add too much,
12. Stir each bowl of chocolate to combine the dyes completely.
13. Dip the bottom (the non sprinkle side) of each cookie in different colored chocolate. Set them chocolate side down on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
14. Allow to set until cool or in the fridge.
Eat and enjoy!
Store in a cool dry place, or in the fridge.
Baker’s Note: To make these cookies gluten free, substitute the organic flour for 227 g. organic gluten free flour blend and 57 g. organic coconut flour.
Mammoth Lakes – bake at 350 degrees F / 175 degrees C for 11 minutes
- Recipe by Mimi's Cookie Bar