Makes 4 Sandwiches
8 oz. organic cream cheese
1-2 large organic cucumbers, depending on size
ColorKitchen Blue, Pink and Green Dye
1 Tbsp. organic dill, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. organic lemon juice
1 cloves organic garlic, finely chopped or pressed
organic black pepper
8 slices of organic white bread
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, or with a hand-held whisk, add the cream cheese, dill, lemon juice and garlic. Whisk on low until combined then speed mixer up to high and whip until light and fluffy.
2. Divide the cream cheese mixture into three bowls, about ¼- ½ cup each (should weigh about 72 g).
3. Add colors into each bowl. Add ¼ tsp. ColorKitchen Pink Dye + ¼ tsp. ColorKitchen Blue Dye for purple (or, ½ packet each color), ¼ tsp. ColorKitchen Blue Dye (or, ½ packet color), for blue and ½ tsp. ColorKitchen Green Dye (or, ½ packet color), for green. Stir to combine completely.
4. Chop cucumbers into thin slices.
5. Spread cream cheese onto four slices of bread. On the other slices, add a thick layer of cucumber and sprinkle with black pepper.
6. Sandwich the cream cheese bread slices and cucumber bread slices together and cut the crust off.
7. Wrap and put into your child's lunchbox, for a healthy and fun lunchtime surprise! Or, serve with organic Sea Salt & Vinegar Crisps and Watermelon.
Note: If you don’t want to make four sandwiches, just store the extra cream cheese mixture in an airtight container in the fridge. You can dip veggies in it!
Recipe by Mimi's Cookie Bar