Strawberry Donut Pound Cake
227 g. organic butter, softened
680 g. organic sugar
2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
7 organic large eggs
425 g. all natural cake flour
½ tsp. sea salt
1 cup organic milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 175 degrees C.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment (or using a hand-held mixer), cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
3. Add in the eggs and mix on low until combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix again until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the cake flour and sea salt.
5. Add in the cake flour mixture and milk, alternating each and beginning and ending with the cake flour. Mix on low until combined. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again on low until combined.
6. Grease a 10 x 10 inch silicone bundt pan well with butter. The one we used to make this recipe can be found here. Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan. If you are not using a silicone bundt pan, bake for 1 hour and then test with a wooden pick inserted into center to see if it needs more baking time. Go up in increments of 10 minutes based on if the cake is still gooey or not.
7. Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Once cake is cooled, carefully remove it from the bundt pan.
9. In a clean mixing bowl fitted with paddle attachment (or using a hand-held mixer), add the powdered sugar, milk, pink dye and strawberry flavour. Mix on low until combined into a smooth frosting.
10. Place cake on a cake stand, and drizzle the frosting over the top of the cake so it runs down both sides.
11. Sprinkle the top of the frosting with rainbow sprinkles.
Store in a cake dome to keep fresh.